- Dr. Sanjiv R. Ravisaheb is from Bhavnagar, Gujarat. He believes that every patient with a joint problem has a right to enjoy natural movements of life and he always goes the extra mile to bring back smile on patients’ faces by solving their problem for a lifetime.
- After completing his Masters in Orthopaedics surgery, he has been practicing as a consultant orthopedic surgeon in Bhavnagar for the last 17 years.
- He has served to all class of people from Bhavnagar city-district as well as from other parts of Gujarat. He worked with Government Medical college and Sir T. Hospital, sterling Hospital, Bhavnagar, and various trust hospitals of Bhavnagar for the first 7 years.
- After that for the last 10 years, he is successfully running his own 16 bedded clinic ” Sanjivani Speciality Hospital” where he has treated more than 5000 indoor orthopedic patients.
- He is looking after 1200-1500 outdoor patients/ month from various parts of the country. Over the years, he has successfully performed all kinds of orthopedic trauma and cold surgeries.
- Eventually, he has developed interest & expertise in joint replacement surgeries – arthroplasty ( hip & knee ), complex and revision trauma surgeries, and pelvic-acetabular trauma surgeries.
- M.S. Ortho
- F.I.A. ( Germany, S. Korea, France )
- Sr. consultant – Joint replacement & complex trauma
- Clinical Director & Head – Department of Orthopaedics & joint replacement surgery
He has worked with Masters in the field of arthroplasty in India at various esteemed institutes like,
- Hinduja Hospital & research center, Mumbai
- Max Hospital & research center, New Delhi
- Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
Looking at his enthusiasm, he was selected for overseas fellowships & got international exposure working at renowned centers like,
- Arthroplasty Center, Hangang Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University, Seoul, South Korea
- Department of Adult Joint Reconstruction, Endoklinik, Hamburg, Germany
He is one of the few surgeons who got trained in computerized navigation based joint replacement techniques at Montauban, France.
Out of his many successful operations, he has performed following ” FIRST EVER SURGERIES” OF Bhavnagar & surrounding region,
- Single-stage bilateral total knee replacement
- Ceramic articulation total hip replacement
- Sacroiliac joint/ Pelviacetabular fracture fixation
He has performed more than 2000 joint replacement surgeries ( THR and TKR ) until now. He has successfully managed more than 150 pelvic acetabular surgery cases, although numbers are small but such surgeries are done by very few surgeons in Gujarat. His areas of interest are,
- Hip & Knee joint replacement
- Complex & revision fracture cases management
- Pelviacetabular fracture fixation
He regularly attends and actively participates in national & international workshops, seminars, and conferences to upgrade his knowledge to serve the society with the latest innovations of medicine. He is attached to many trust hospitals & NGOs and provides his free services to an innumerable number of patients in outdoor/ surgical cases every month.
To serve better to my patients and to avail world-class facilities in this part of Gujarat, I am shifting my clinical practice and day to day work exclusively to “BIMS – Bhavnagar Institute Of Medical Sciences” at Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India. BIMS is an 80 bedded multispeciality hospital located in the center of Bhavnagar city with all kinds of diagnostic and therapeutic facilities.