BIMS Dental Department is consistent in delivering and creating beautiful and healthy smiles. Our center is one of the most advanced to provide all kinds of advanced treatments of a dental implant in the Bhavnagar District. We are unique to provide the most affordable dental treatment with smile designing to our clients without compromising in the quality of the treatment.
Dental and oral health is an essential part of your overall health and well-being. Poor oral hygiene can commonly lead to dental cavities, bad breath, and gum disease, which are also interlinked with heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Maintaining oral health is a lifelong commitment. The earlier you learn to follow proper oral hygiene habits — such as brushing, flossing, and limiting your sugar intake — the easier it is to avoid costly dental procedures and long-term oral health issues.
WHY BIMS DENTAL DEPARTMENT?
- Multiple/ various types of dental and surgical treatments available under one roof.
- Various types of treatment are done by specialists and experienced dentists.
- Affordable to common people.
- We provide a patient-friendly environment and convenient appointment timings.
- We have the latest installed dental machinery which is more comfortable for the dentist as well as patients in the clinic.
- We take utmost care about sterilization and cleanliness of the clinic as well as the dental equipment.
- Our ultimate goal is to treat a patient and delivering healthy smiles.
- Our institute is linked with the most advanced imaging center which is just located next to our premises.
- We are also connected with the best dental prosthesis fabrication lab in the city which assures our patients to get their prosthesis on time and with utmost perfection.
- We also have one of the best pathological laboratories on our premises which also adds comfort to our patients for any kind of pathological reports required before and after certain dental procedures.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE MOUTH AT HOME TO DECREASE THE RISK OF COMMON DENTAL PROBLEMS?
ALARMING TIME TO VISIT A DENTIST
You shouldn’t wait until you have symptoms to visit your dentist. Going to the dentist twice a year will usually allow them to catch a problem before you even notice any symptoms.
If you experience any of the following warning signs of dental health issues, you should make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible:
- Ulcers, sores, or tender areas in the mouth that won’t heal after a week or two
- bleeding or swollen gums after brushing or flossing
- Chronic bad breath
- Sudden sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures or beverages
- Pain or toothache
- loose teeth
- receding gums
- Pain with chewing or biting
- Swelling of the face and cheek
- the clicking of the jaw
- cracked or broken teeth
- Frequent dry mouth
COMMON CAUSES OF DENTAL AND ORAL PROBLEMS
There are many factors that contribute to most common dental problems like gingivitis and periodontitis, including:
- Poor brushing habits
- Frequent snacking on sugary foods and drinks
- The use of medications that reduce the amount of saliva in the mouth
- family history, or genetics
- Certain infections, such as HIV or aids
- Hormonal changes in women
- acid reflux, or heartburn
Frequent vomiting, due to the acid
DIAGNOSIS OF DENTAL AND ORAL DISEASES
Most dental and oral problems can be diagnosed during a dental examination. During an examination, our dentist closely inspects:
- Hard palate
We carry out the primary general examination with the clean and sterilized instruments known as mouth mirror and probe and inspect all the surrounding tissues in the mouth other than teeth. When suspected some dental problems like caries, tooth sensitivity, etc we go for further radiographical examination using portable and advance x-ray machine which is installed in the department. The radiographical examination helps us in further diagnosis and finally concluding the treatment plan.
PORTABLE X-RAY GUN TYPE UNIT WITH EASY POSITIONING, MORE POWER, SMART DIAL AND IMPROVED COMPATIBILITY
If our dentist finds any abnormal lumps, lesions, or growths in your mouth, they may perform a pathological investigation known as a biopsy. During a biopsy, a small piece of tissue is removed from the growth or lesion. The sample is then sent to a laboratory for examination.
If oral cancer is suspected, your dentist may also order imaging tests to see if cancer has spread. Tests may include:
TYPES OF DENTAL AND ORAL DISEASES
- GUM DISEASE (GINGIVITIS AND PERIODONTITIS)
- FRACTURED TOOTH (CRACKED OR BROKEN TEETH)
- HYPERSENSITIVITY OF TEETH
TREATMENTS AVAILABLE IN DEPARTMENT
A dental implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis or to act as an orthodontic anchor.
IMPLANTOLOGY IN LESS BONE WIDTH WITH WORLD’S BEST USA BASED DENSAH IMPLANT SYSTEM:
- DIRECT SINUS LIFT
- GUIDED BONE REGENERATION
- PIEZOSURGERY- Piezoelectric bone surgery is a process that utilizes piezoelectric vibrations in the application of cutting bone tissue.
FULL MOUTH REHABILITATION
- POST CARCINOMA: The ideal rehabilitation following treatment for advanced cancers include restoration of external apperance of the patient, reconstruction of facial contour and may be the mandibular arch.
- POST MUCORMYCOSIS: Maxilla is one of the most important and essential bone forming the roof of oral cavity. Mucormycosis is the most severe fungal infection which affects the maxillary sinus and maxilla. Due to the extensive surgery, which is the only treatment option of infection, post surgical rehabilitation is important. Obturator is the device which is used for restoration of the resected part in the surgery.
PEADIATRIC DENTISTRY ( UNDER GENERAL ANEASTHESIA CASE)
FLAP SURGERY (USING LATEST LASER TECHNIQUE)
A professional cleaning can get rid of any plaque you may have missed while brushing and flossing. It’ll also remove tartar. These cleanings are usually performed by a dental hygienist. After all the tartar is removed from your teeth, the hygienist will use a high-powered toothbrush to brush your teeth. This is followed by flossing and rinsing to wash out any debris.
A deep cleaning is also known as scaling and root planning. It removes tartar from above and below the gum line that can’t be reached during a routine cleaning.
- TOOTH COLOURED RESTORATION-
A tooth-coloured restoration is used to restore a carious tooth. The carious part is removed from the tooth using dental instruments and the cavity is filled with either glass ionomer cement or composite material.
We provide different crowns of different materials like metal, ceramic, zirconia crowns.
Tooth which are mobile or carious are extracted by a dental surgeon using specialized instruments known as tooth forceps. The procedure is done under local anaesthesia. Before and after the procedure antibiotic coverage is prescribed to the patient along with painkillers.
- METAL, BAR & IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURE
- CHANGING DAILY HABITS: Keeping your mouth healthy is our daily commitment. Proper brushing technique, flossing and use different types of mouth rinse are the most important daily oral habits.