Oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS or OMS) specializes in surgery of the face, mouth, and
jaws. It is an internationally recognized surgical specialty.
Treatments may be performed on the maxillofacial complex (mouth, jaws, face) include:
- Soft and hard tissue trauma of the facial bones. (jaw fractures, cheekbone
fractures, nasal fractures, LeFort fracture, and eye socket fractures).
- Mouth opening surgery for oral fibrosis due to gutkha chewing.
- Benign pathology (cysts, tumors, etc.)
- Malignant pathology (oral cancer) with ablative and reconstructive surgery, lip reconstruction, etc.
- Chronic facial pain disorders.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders and its treatment e.g. TMJ ARTHROSCOPY.
- Treatment of jaw dislocation.
- Maxillary sinus disorders like mucocele, retention cyst, oroantral communication.
- Salivary gland pathology like ranula, adenoma, stone in the gland.
- Orthognathic surgery, Maxillomandibular advancement, surgical correction of facial asymmetry, and dysgnathia (incorrect bite).