Intensive care units are areas of the hospital where seriously ill patients receive specialized care such as intensive monitoring and advanced life support. ICU is one of the most critically functioning operational environments in a hospital.
BIMS Hospital Intensive Care unit is one of the biggest units of private hospitals in Bhavnagar, having 18 beds (including two Isolation) on the same floor with a central monitoring system and it has a moderately large sterilized area equipped with specialized, technical and monitoring equipment needed to take care of critically ill patients. We have a separate counseling room where doctors can counsel the patient’s relatives who have the physical and emotional impact of critical illness or accidental illness of their dear ones. At BIMS we have a dedicated waiting lounge for relatives of ICU patients.
At BIMS, the Hospital Team of ICU comprises several academic disciplines or professional specialized doctors and specialists trained in providing critical care for patients with a variety of medical, surgical, and trauma conditions, highly skilled intensive care nurses, respiratory therapists, care managers, physical and occupational therapists.
Our ICU is equipped with 8- ventilators (Few of which are dedicated to COVID patients), multipara monitors per bed, dialysis machine, defibrillator, HFNC machines, infusion pumps, IABP machine, etc… all life-saving equipment in enough quantity.
Our ICU is managed by a team of intensivist doctors led by experienced Fellowship trained Dr. Gopal Parmar. Apart from the clock intensivist, we have a team of trained medical officers, nursing staff & technician staff to take ultimate care of critically ill patients. Our ICU care is backed up by a team of full-time super-specialists like cardiologists, nephrologists, neuro physicians, neurosurgeons & all specialists to manage any type of medical or surgical patients.
To support ICU care, we have all sorts of diagnostic and therapeutic tertiary care available within BIMS Hospital like Angioplasty, Dialysis, MRI, CT Scan, X-Ray, USG, Laboratory, etc…
Over and above critical care inside the hospital, BIMS Hospital has its own “ICU AMBULANCE ON WHEEL” with a ventilator facility for the transfer of critical patients.
Following are some critical conditions for which BIMS Hospital is providing care at ICU.
- Patients who are severely injured in an accident (vehicular accidents, industrial accidents, etc…)
- Patients who undergo very invasive surgery, complex spinal surgery, or who have poor outcomes after surgery
- Acute surgical illness such as a burst appendix or strangulated hernia
- Complex obstetrics and Gynecological Surgery
- Patient with complex Head and Faciomaxillary injuries
- Polytraumatized patients management
- People with serious infections (Blood infections, lung infection, brain infection, Drug-resistant infections, etc…)
- Patients with respiratory failure or people who have trouble breathing on their own and require a ventilator to breathe for them
- Acute Paralysis attack
- Cases of Poisoning
- Lung problems
- Multiorgan failure syndrome
- Major trauma
- Severe burns etc…
- Heart problems like heart attacks (Myocardial Infarction)
- Severe heart failure
- People with acute coronary syndrome
- Patients who have recently undergone interventional cardiac procedures or cardiothoracic surgery