Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeon
- Dr. Vijayraj Gohil is working as an Advanced Laparoscopic, GI, and Bariatric surgeon in Healthcare of Bhavnagar district since 2009. He has completed his MBBS and M.S. – General surgery with ” Gold Medal ” from Bhavnagar Medical College, Bhavnagar University in the year 2005.
- After acquiring his post-graduation education, With his interest in advanced laparoscopy & Gastrointestinal surgery and zeal to give the best treatment in the city of Bhavnagar, he started his training in Surgical Gastroenterology at reputed SGPGI, Lucknow and Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery at Gem hospital, Coimbatore.
- Following his fellowship, he joined Government medical college & Sir T hospital Bhavnagar as an Assistant professor, where he performed all sorts of advanced laparoscopic and GI surgeries with very successful results.
- He trained himself in Bariatric (obesity) and Metabolic surgery from subject experts at various national and international centers of excellence.
- He started “First ever Bariatric and Metabolic surgery” in Bhavnagar District.
He has trained himself in Obesity & Metabolic surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgeries at the following Centres.
- National centers:
- Fellow National Board ( FNB ) for Minimal Access Surgery and Advanced Laparoscopic surgery Under Prof. Dr. C. Pallanivelu from Gem Hospitals, Coimbatore, Chennai.
- Fellowship in Surgical Gastroenterology at SGPGI, Lucknow.
- Fellowship in Endoscopic Hernia surgery under Prof. Dr. Pradip Chowbey, Max Hospital, Saket, New Delhi.
- Fellow in Single Port Laparoscopic Surgery [SILS] under Dr. Rajkumar Palaniappa, Apollo hospital, Chennai.
- – Fellow in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, AIIMS hospital New Delhi.
- International centres :
- Fellowship in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery from E-da International Hospital, Taiwan under world-famous Dr.C.K.Huang.
- Fellowship in Hepatobiliary surgery under Prof.Dr. Chen, Taiwan.
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic colorectal surgery under Prof. Dr. Yao li and Dr. Okuda, Sino- Japan friendship international Hospitals, Beijing, China.
- Fellowship in Metabolic and Diabetes surgery under Dr. Rao, Singapore.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery in Sir T. Hospital-Bhavnagar. (2009-2010)
- GI, Laparoscopic, and Bariatric Surgeon in Sterling Hospitals, Bhavnagar( 2010-2014).
- Formal consultant Laparoscopic, GI, and Bariatric surgeon in Bajarangdasbapa Hospital.
- Visiting Consultant in Gastro and Bariatric Surgery Department of HCG Hospitals- Bhavnagar.
- He is practicing in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology, Advanced Minimal Access Laparoscopic and Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery for the last 10 years. He has performed about more than 4500 General, Laparoscopic surgery, and Gastro-Intestinal surgeries. He has also performed more than 250 various Obesity (Bariatric ) and Metabolic (Diabetes) surgery.
- Looking at his surgical skills and dedication towards work, he is working as a visiting ” Bariatric and Metabolic surgeon” in Beijing – China in Asia Prio- OASIS International Hospital since 2015. It’s a matter of pride that He visits china every few months and operates obese patients with very good outcomes. BIMS bariatric and Metabolic surgery department is affiliated by the IEF Member center in India by the International Excellence federation, Taiwan.
- He actively participates in academic events to upgrade his knowledge and surgical skills. He has presented his scientific research papers at various international and national conferences. He even published his research in various journals.
Area of expertise are :
- Bariatric and Metabolic ( Diabetes ) surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic ( Minimal Access ) surgery
- Hepato-Pancreatic -Biliary surgeries
- Colorectal and complex Anal surgeries
- Advanced Gastric, Oesophageal, and Intestinal surgery.
He is a member of many prestigious bodies. Few of them are as follows,
- IFSO: International Federation of Society of obesity surgeon
- OSSI: Obesity surgery society of India
- IAGES: Indian Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic surgeons.
- WALS: World Association of Laparoscopic surgeons.
- AMASI: Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- IHS & APHS: Indian Hernia society & Asia Pacific Hernia society
- ELSA: Endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeons of Asia
- ASI: Member of Association of Surgeons of India
- IEF: Member of International Excellence of Federation of Asia for Bariatric and Metabolic surgery.
Research Publication and Academic Activities:
- Paper presentation on Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia at GUJSURGCON 2006 at Ahmadabad.
- Paper and Video presentation on Laparoscopic Fundoplication at Annual Gujarat state chapter of surgery CME Div 2007.
- Paper presentation on Single-port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in Annual Gujarat state chapter of surgery CME DIU 2011- getting Best Paper award.
- Case Report: Laparoscopic-assisted removal of the rectal foreign body: Published in Indian Journal Of Surgery (IJS) in 2007.
- Original Article cum Study: Study on the role of Diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy in various blunt abdominal Injuries: Published in World Journal of Laparoscopy Surgery of WALS in May- Aug 2009.
- Original article: Novel Metabolic surgery for type II Diabetes Mellitus: Loop DuodenoJejunal Bypass with sleeve gastrectomy– the newer metabolic surgery – our initial experience: published in the journal of obesity and metabolic surgery: Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech.2013: Dec;23(6): 481 -5.
- Video presentation on how do I do Lap Roux- n –Y bypass for the morbid obesity: in AMASICON 2013 AT Indore.
- Present CME lecture on – Past, Present, and Future of Bariatric and metabolic surgery in Association of Surgeons of Gujarat state chapter CME meeting in Feb 2012.
- Paper presentation on Current role of Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in Bariatric surgery. in Nanjing Surgeon Association Meeting, Nanjing, China in December 2015.
- Presentation of Recent Era of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in India in International Medical Media event Conference, Beijing in Feb- 2016.
- Lecture presentation on Novel Metabolic surgery for Type2DM -Mechanisms, Techniques, and Complication, In Beijing Surgeon Association Meet-2016, in Sino – Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing in March 2016.
- Introductory Lecture presentation on Current Bariatric and Metabolic surgery Status in Corporation Singing ceremony of Oasis international Hospital & Samsung Medical center- Soul, South Korea in Oasis International Hospitals, Beijing in March 2016.
Facilities at Department of GI surgery:
- Four states of the art, class 100 Modular Operation theater with Laminar airflow and hepafilter, provide a zero infection rate for highly complex surgeries.
- Ultra-modern automatic Light system for complex hepato-pancreatico-billiary anastomosis surgery.
- Automatic flash autoclaving system.
- ETO sterilisation system.
- RO water system – separate for Operation theater and CSSD department.
- Ultrasonic instrument.
- Forcetriad and FT10 Ligasure vessel sealing system (Medtronic).
- Harmonic Ultracision scalpel (ETHICON).
- Sonicision – cordless ultrasonic system (Covidian).
- Advanced ERBE Bipolar electrocautery system (ERBE).
Videos By Dr. Vijayrajsinh Gohil:
HealthTalk by Dr. Vijayrajsinh Gohil on Laparoscopy
In today’s HealthTalk, our specialist Dr. Vijayrajsinh Gohil gives detailed explanations on laparoscopy, laparoscopy surgery, its stages, and more.
The doctor uses live examples to explain laparoscopy surgeries and shares detail on how BIMS hospital is equipped to carry out such surgeries.
If you like this video, do share it with your friends and family to spread maximum awareness.